12 hours of free business advice and training for Hertfordshire based new, start up and established micro businesses (up to 3½ years old)
under the Herts Start-Up Programme supported by
The 12 hours of support might consist of:
- 2 hr business advice meeting with an experienced business adviser
- Assistance with registering the business with HMRC and Companies House
- Attend Business Planning workshop (6 hrs), topics covered are:
– Understand the process of creating a business plan from research, through to preparing, to implementation
– Understand key strategy issues
– Develop a marketing plan
– Understand key financial data – cash flow, profit and loss
- Attend a training course of your choice (2hrs), see our list of forthcoming courses: http://stanta.co.uk/event/workshops/
- Attend a legal surgery (45 mins) if you have a specific legal query; such as commercial contracts, intellectual property – this is optional, not obligatory
- Final 2hrs – you choose: attend another training workshop or have a free business advice follow up
At a business advice meeting, you will receive personalised advice and a detailed reference pack, along with a follow-up email indicating the key action points.
The advice may include everything you need to set up your business, from practical, legal and financial information through to a thorough analysis of your business strategy.
This evaluation will include a review of any competitive advantages that you may have (e.g. useful contacts or experience), potential or current customers, competitors, pricing structure, SWOT* analysis and planned marketing activity. *Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
Those receiving support on the Herts Start-Up Programme may be eligible for a business grant:
Start Up Grant of £1,000 for Businesses under 6 months old and £3,000 grant for businesses up to 3 yrs
The grant can be used for expenses costs such as:
- marketing/promotional material (leaflets, business cards etc)
- website development
- professional/legal advice
- intellectual property advice
- software applications (such as Office 365 or accounts packages)
The grant can’t be used for capital items such as equipment or vehicles.
The grant works on the basis of matched funding, ie the proprietor/business spends a minimum of £2,000 ex VAT (start up grant), or £6,000 ex VAT (businesses up to 3 yrs old). The grant monies will be released (£1,000 for start-ups and £3,000 for new businesses) once 12 hours of advice and training have been completed and a receipt and proof of cost have been provided.
Please contact us if you would like to be considered for a grant. Your application will take about 15 working days to consider and must include quotes from 3 suppliers. Expenditure can commence once the grant application has been accepted.
Why seek business advice?
STANTA continually assess the quality of our services and conducted independent research in 2012 and 2015. 87% of respondents rate our advisers as both professional and knowledgeable.
77% feel advice from STANTA has given them the business confidence to succeed. See the full details of our most recent survey
Taking advice from the STANTA advisor will help you to understand and prepare for those unknown and unforeseen challenges that affect every business, regardless of size.
An independent, impartial view will enable you to see more clearly what you need to do and when, and to plan for the future.
Want to find out more? Call us now on 01727 837760 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting to sign up.