STANTA runs the Herts Start Up Programme (HSUP) giving 12 hours of advice and training – at no cost to you!
Eligibility to join HSUP:
- Business age under 3½ years
- Hertfordshire postcode (home or business), but STANTA specialise in postcodes AL1-10
- Business registered with HMRC or Companies House
If you haven’t yet registered your business, you can attend an initial meeting to receive advice on the next best routes forward, including registering your business. Once this is done, you can choose how you ‘use up’ the 12 hours by attending any of our training courses and a follow up one to one business advice meeting.
The 12 hours of support might consist of:
- 2 hr business advice meeting with an experienced business adviser
- Assistance with registering the business with HMRC and Companies House
- Attend Business Planning workshop (6 hrs), topics covered are:
– Understand the process of creating a business plan from research, through to preparing, to implementation – Understand key strategy issues – Develop a marketing plan – Understand key financial data – cash flow, profit and loss
- Attend a training course of your choice (2hrs), see our list of forthcoming courses: https://stanta.co.uk/event/workshops/
- Attend a legal surgery (45 mins) if you have a specific legal query; such as commercial contracts, intellectual property – this is optional, not obligatory
- Final 2hrs – you choose: attend another training workshop or have a free business advice follow up
At a business advice meeting, you will receive personalised advice and a detailed reference pack, along with a follow-up email indicating the key action points. The advice may include everything you need to set up your business, from practical, legal and financial information through to a thorough analysis of your business strategy. This evaluation will include a review of any competitive advantages that you may have (e.g. useful contacts or experience), potential or current customers, competitors, pricing structure, SWOT* analysis and planned marketing activity. *Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
Read here a testimonial from a happy client who has completed 12 hours of advice and training
Why seek business advice?
STANTA continually assess the quality of our services and conducted independent research in 2015 and 2018. 95% of respondents rate our advisers as both professional and knowledgeable. 82% feel advice from STANTA has given them the business confidence to succeed. See the full details of our most recent survey: STANTA 2018 Client Survey Report. Taking advice from the STANTA advisor will help you to understand and prepare for those unknown and unforeseen challenges that affect every business, regardless of size. An independent, impartial view will enable you to see more clearly what you need to do and when, and to plan for the future. Want to find out more? Call us now on 01727 837760 or email us email@example.com to arrange a meeting to sign up.