Location: Stanta Business Center, Soothouse Spring, St Albans, UK
Time: 10.00am - 12.00noon
The course will cover the following topics:
- What is Mental Health?
- Statistics of Mental Health – what’s the story?
- How does a mental health illness or episode occur?
- Do people recover from mental health Illness & episodes?
- Can we change stigma, discrimination and attitudes?
- Maintaining a healthy mind, body and soul (for micro business owners, individuals and employees)
The course will be led by Graham Griffin, Pod Learning.
Graham is a qualified Mental Health England First Aider. He is an approved MHFA Instructor available to deliver MHFA England syllabus in two, one and half day accredited courses. Graham has managed colleagues suffering from severe to short term Mental Health Illness whilst leading within large international organisations. He has also had to explore personal coping mechanisms working within a fast paced modern world. With a Masters degree in People Performance, in 2010 Graham wrote a paper on the impact of wellbeing in the workplace therefore is currently positioned as a consultant to help people and business growth safely.
Required: Laptop or tablet, pen, paper & an open mind!
Parking: Parking is available in front of the building.
Cost: FREE to Herts Start Up Programme clients, £50 to others.
HSUP is for any Hertfordshire based business under 3½ years old and offers 12 hours of advice and training at no cost. Ring Ginny on 01727 837760 to join.
Click here to book