Location: Stanta Business Center, Soothouse Spring, St Albans, UK
Time: 10.00am - 11.30am
Are you nervous of speaking at networking meetings? Then this course is for you!
The session will be interactive; showing skills, techniques and proven exercises that participants can use to overcome these nerves.
Hints and tips to be covered:
- Importance of good preparation and content
- Importance of dress, but be comfortable
- Be confident!
Delegate participation will include:
- Body Language – stance, using your arms and working the presentation space
- Vocal Exercises – breathing technique, pace and tone and exercises to make sure you’re heard
- Delivering a ‘1 minute’ piece about you/your business which will be critiqued
(NB: Some exercises will be static, some will require a small amount of movement)
The course will be led by Karen Witchalls-Plunkett, who has 20 years professional experience to live audiences, in front of and behind the camera as a journalist/presenter and news producer and is now using her experience to help others develop confidence in presenting.
Comment from a previous attendee:
“Both Andrew & myself thoroughly enjoyed, what is a slightly terrifying subject! Karen made the presentation both fun & interactive. However the best thing was the really practical hints & tips she provided, which I have since implemented. I still have a long way to go until I can become a TV newsreader but my BBC arms alone (I have been told!) have improved my presentations. A great morning well spent.”